Haiku is a rapidly growing residential haven reflective of its agricultural heritage. Many historic events have taken place in Haiku, including the lodging site of 34,000 servicemen from the 4th Marine Division & the location where Dole Pineapple Cannery, & later Haserot, packaged pineapples from independent growers. Today these buildings have evolved into adaptive reuse & are now known as the Pauwela Cannery. Haiku is an area where creativity & craftiness thrive, uninhibited living flourishes, & the cottage industry is ever-expanding.
Haiku Main Street Committee
Projects assisted by Tri-Isle Main Street Resource Center
- 2011 General Plan Updates... Maui Island Plan Review & Recommendations Chapters 1 through 10 & Maps.
- 2011 Public & Private Sector Project Reviews & Consultations.
- 2011 Regulatory Initiatives for Small Towns.
- 2011 Maui County Charter Review.
- 2004-2011 General Plan Updates...County-Wide Policy Plan, Maui Island Plan.
- Tracking progress from GPAC to Maui Planning Commission & now at Council, providing maps, criteria, professional input & testimonies.
- 2010 Haiku Fire Station...Prior Site Selection Process in preparation for Environmental Assessment (EA) review to include: site plan, building plan & zoning.
- 2010 Business Directory Updates.
- 2009 Haiku Design Guidelines Phase II - Property Guidelines & Recommendations.
- 2009 General Plan Advisory Committee (G-PAC) / Investigative Review Committee (IRC).
- 2008 Haiku Design Guidelines Phase I "Sense of Place".
- 2008 Comprehensive Report on County of Maui General Plan Update: Policies, Maui Island Plan, & Mapping.
- 2008 General Plan Advisory Committee (G-PAC) / Investigative Review Committee (IRC).
- 2007 General Plan Advisory Committee (G-PAC) Presentation.
- 2006 Strategic Plan Phase II (Study Groups (7) / Workshops / Analysis).
- 2004-2005 Strategic Plan Phase I.
- Community Profile & Analysis.
- Community Values Survey & Analysis.
- Visioning Process Questionnaires (50 questions & 12 questions) & Survey Analysis.
- Public Town Meetings (Quarterly).
- Outreach Meetings.
- Focus Group Meetings.
- Haiku Business Directory.
Wailuku Main Street Association Inc./Tri-Isle Main Street Resource Center,
P.O. Box 1130, Wailuku, Maui, HI 96793
(808) 244-3888 - firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2013 Wailuku Main Street Association, Inc. - All Rights Reserved
Net Solutions Hawaii